If you are running either online store, a website that holds and transmits sensitive information, or you just want to avoid being penalised by Google - an SSL Certificate is a must.
Why do we need SSL Certificate?
Any computer in between you and the server can see your credit card numbers, usernames and passwords, and other sensitive information if it is not encrypted with an SSL certificate. When an SSL certificate is used, the information becomes unreadable to everyone except for the server you are sending the information to.
What is an SSL certificate and how does it work?
After the secure connection is made, the session key is used to encrypt all transmitted data. Browser connects to a web server (website) secured with SSL (https). Browser requests that the server identify itself. Server sends a copy of its SSL Certificate, including the server's public key.
How do I get SSL on my website?
- Step 1: Host with a dedicated IP address. In order to provide the best security, SSL certificates require your website to have its own dedicated IP address. ...
- Step 2: Buy a Certificate. ...
- Step 3: Activate the certificate. ...
- Step 4: Install the certificate. ...
- Step 5: Update your site to use HTTPS.
Be the first to know when we publish a new article. Subscribe to our article news letter below